Monday, January 5, 2009

I Got People

Ahh the college application process. Something every 12th grade student looks forward to, right? Unfortunately, too many students dread this process. They hate writing all those essays, keeping track of all those deadlines, and making sure every college they applied to receives everything they require. But thats the easy part. The real hard part is selecting the right colleges for you.

Us seniors run to our parents, our guidance counselors, our friends, websites, and our school college counselor to get the inside scoop on a college. But often, as with many other things, we forget to consult our teachers. Us students forget that our teachers are there for us and want to help us in whatever way they can - that's why they choose their profession. They want to help us select our colleges as well as write our college recommendations.

Some of the best college advice I have gotten were from my teachers. And I was surprised to find out that a few of my teachers went to colleges that I applied to! I sat down with a few of my teachers and it was great getting an alumni's opinion on their college. So ask your teacher, you might be surprised by where they went to college. Regardless, teachers see seniors go through this process every year and may have some very helpful tips!

Remember, teachers are there for you and can always be used for guidance and advice as well as academics. Teachers do a lot for their students. And on that note, I would like to share this link. It's about the NYC Thank a Teacher Campaign. Check it out!

http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices/mediarelations/NewsandSpeeches/2008-2009/20081210_thank_teacher.htm