Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hooray for Global Conflict Awareness Day

On Friday at LaGuardia Arts High School, the social action club had a display/presentations for all students to attend. Some teachers brought their students, other individuals went during lunch or a free period. While I am generally skeptical of events like this, I was really impressed with the display, and the general knowledge of the students. Not only that, I left knowing what I could DO to help.

This is so, so crucial. Each station not only discussed a specific issue, they gave ideas on how to help. Sometimes it was writing letters to ambassadors, sometimes it was donating to certain causes. For the New Orleans station, we were given the opportunity to sign up to go down and help this summer.

I would like to compliment the work of the social action club. Awareness is great. But ACTION is even better.

No comments: